Senior Water Aerobics Near Me: Cambridge Fitness
Cambridge Fitness offers services for water exercises for seniors at our Brier Creek, Apex, and Wilmington locations. Our staff is trained with the necessary knowledge and skills to provide you with an optimal experience at our facilities. We are in three locations in North Carolina to reach as many individuals as possible for enhanced health and well-being. We have you covered if you want aqua fitness near you or adult swim lessons. Visit one of our fitness centers today to start your regular exercise routine.
What Pool Amenities Do We Offer?
Our pools are filled with salt water, which is more gentle on your body than chlorine. We have cultivated an environment where you can comfortably swim in a heated setting. This aids in your overall health and well-being for exercise and relaxation purposes. Our three pool options and dry sauna include the following:
- Lap Lane Pool – Our lap lane pool is 25 yards x 4 lanes and is heated to about 81-82 degrees. If you wish to use this amenity for swimming, you must make a reservation before coming.
- Group Exercise Pool – The group exercise pool is separately located and is where our aqua classes are held. It is heated to about 85 degrees for year-round use, and its depth range from 3’9” to 5’0”. We offer Aqua Level 1 & 2 classes in addition to Zumba activities.
- Hot Tub/Spa – Our hot tub/spa is heated to 102 degrees and can hold 23 people! There are jets on a timer which you can run for up to 15 minutes.
- Dry Sauna – Our dry sauna is cedar paneled and provides optimal detoxification, amongst other health benefits.
What Are the Health Benefits of Swimming?
Swimming is an excellent form of exercise that offers many health benefits. It requires a full-body workout that often feels effortless as you glide through the water. From aiding in heart health to strengthening your muscles, there are many ways to maintain your well-being. Whether you know how to swim or are looking for beginner swim lessons for adults, we are here to help. You can enroll in one of our water aerobics classes at our facility for an engaging experience. Consider the following as some of the critical ways swimming keeps you healthy:
- Cardiovascular Health – Swimming is an excellent form of cardiovascular exercise that can help improve the health of your heart and lungs. It can help lower blood pressure and reduce the risk of heart disease, stroke, and other medical conditions.
- Muscle Strength & Tone – You’ll work every muscle in your body by swimming. This can help to strengthen and tone them while enhancing your body composition and muscle mass.
- Joint Flexibility – Swimming is a low-impact exercise with minimal stress on your joints. This can make it ideal for people with joint pain or arthritis.
- Stress Relief – This exercise can be a relaxing and meditative experience that helps reduce stress and anxiety. The rhythmic motion of swimming can have a calming effect on the mind and body.
- Improved Lung Function – Water aerobic movement can increase lung function and capacity. This is beneficial for people with asthma or other respiratory conditions.
- Weight Management – Swimming is an effective way to burn calories and increase metabolism.
What Are Effective Pool Exercises for Seniors?
There are many different types of water exercises that you can do in a pool, lake, or other body of water. These provide loads of benefits for your body and mind. At our facility, we offer classes and sources to perform the following activities:
- Water Aerobics – Water aerobics is a low-impact exercise involving various exercises in the water, often to music. The water provides resistance, making your movements more challenging and effective.
- Swimming – Swimming is a popular and effective water exercise that uses various strokes to move through the water. It is a full-body workout that can help improve cardiovascular health, muscle strength, and flexibility.
- Resistance Exercise – Arm curls, leg swings, and calf raises are all excellent water resistance exercises to strengthen your muscles. They are simple in nature while providing positive results.
- Water Relaxation – Aqua yoga and Pilates are some of the most common water relaxation routines. They assist in lowering your heart rate and blood pressure, ultimately alleviating stress.
Why Should You Choose Cambridge Fitness?
Cambridge Fitness offers amenities designed to better your quality of living. Our health and fitness coaches are trained to professional standards to help you meet your goals. You can access several benefits if you are interested in a membership with our facility. These range from therapy to coaching and seminars. We value your well-being and want to be a helpful tool along your wellness journey. Contact us today for questions about our services.
I'll be turning 70 in 3 months ... my Core Balance workouts with Zach at Cambridge Fitness are keeping me feeling a lot younger. Zach is an excellent instructor and keeps us older folks movin' and groovin' for the entire length of each session. Mr. Oliver has provided a state-of-the-art workout space and deserves the highest praise for his creation. Thank you Mr. Oliver and your amazing staff here at The Cambridge at Brier Creek for enriching our lives and kicking things up a notch so we can still enjoy life at it's highest level.
This is a great place to do water exercise. I really needed it after my neighborhood pool closed for the season. Its the cleanest safest indoor pool and they take precautions to keep all of safe.
Such a fantastic place! State of the art equipment that allows both traditional and innovate exercise. Experienced and passionate staff that provides top quality care for their clients. Cambridge is truly in a class of its own.
I’d like to give special recognition to the staff in the Wellness Center. I have had back, hip and leg muscle pain and issues. Participating in classes has brought me through each issue and keeps me moving! The instructors seem to know what our muscles need to do and what exercises we need to do to keep those muscles moving. It will take some effort in your part but it is worth it! They want to help you and you deserve it.
The Wellness Center is very accommodating and compelling. I am very comfortable knowing that the staff is knowledgeable and helpful.
The Wellness Center staff is very caring and is always willing to help with any muscle and joint issues I might have.
Disclaimer:- By filling out these forms you are giving us permission to reach out through text, email, phone calls